Abraham Lincoln is known for saying “Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four hours sharpening my ax.” Building a website in one day may seem like a daunting task, but with proper preparation (and the right professional web designer / agency) you can complete your new website in one day.
When considering the analogy of “sharpening the ax” by preparing well for your website build, you can speed up the entire process and successfully complete your new website in one day (with the proper team of course – aka hire Websults).
Questions to Answer Before Your Website Build
Content is king and absolutely crucial to the development of a new website. Here are some key questions to ask yourself as you embark on your website development process:
- Have you already finalized your logo design? Or do you already have an existing logo design?
- Do you already have a corporate identity with established colors and preferred fonts? If you have an existing print brochure design that you like, that print piece can assist your web designer with setting up the look and feel of the new website.
- What is the point of building a new website if the website is not SEO friendly? That’s why it is crucial to take the time to write excellent website content and persuasive text for your new website. Do not assume that you will just add in the text later to the new website. Do the copywriting now, and don’t procrastinate. Make sure that you set up a blog on your new site so that you have a platform for adding new content to your website on an on-going basis.
- Will your new website require photography? For example, the “About Us” or “Team” section of many business websites displays headshots of the management team or company founders. Start the process now of hiring a photographer to do your company headshots. If you are looking for a headshot photographer in Tampa / St. Pete / Clearwater or Nashville, then please let us know so we can make a professional referral.
- If you won’t be taking new photos for the site, will you be using stock images? If yes, the time to research images on istockphoto.com and shutterstock.com is now. (or before the one-day website build) If you are on a tight budget, you can also search for images on Google Images at https://images.google.com/ using the filter “Usage Rights” and select “Labeled for reuse with modification.”
- Videos are becoming more and more commonplace on new websites. Fortunately, videos are relatively easy to embed or integrate into website pages. The hard part is developing / producing the new videos for your new website. Let us know if we can refer you to a reputable video production or editing company.
Today, websites can be incredibly fast to build if you are well prepared, experienced, and understand the web development process well. There are plenty of tools to utilize to get the great results you want in almost no time at all if you put a good effort into it. Having a website is great for business and a great website can generate a lot of clicks and user retention. Assuming the client is well prepared (and has sharpened their ax), web development work can be done in a short amount of time (yes, even in one day!).
Preparation is Key
When trying to build a website in a day, then you need to prepare well beforehand. For example, you need to register your domain (if not already registered) and get everything design-wise in order. It is imperative to have a vision for the aesthetic that you want and to coordinate accordingly. If you are not sure what type of website design you want, then spend some time looking at existing websites to get design ideas and inspiration for website elements / components. A few reminders of tasks to complete before your 1-day website build:
- Select the colors you want to use in the web design
- Choose relevant images / stock images
- Obtain product photos / headshots if necessary
- Compile a list of admired website designs
- Write website content / text for all the website pages you want to build.
Preparing these items above may take a bit of time to put together, but having them done all at once makes building and filling up your website with content all the more faster.
Choose a Website Platform
Unless you have coding abilities in languages, such as HTML, PHP, or CSS, then you may need to use a template-based program to craft your website. Luckily, in 2020 there are plenty of great web tools at your disposal today. You can easily accomplish your goal now that you have all of the needed items in order through the preparation stage.
Perhaps the most prominent. WordPress is a one-stop program for your website creation needs with over 20% of websites being built using it. It has extensive community support via plugins and plenty of templates to choose from. Please note that there is a difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org. Websults recommends WordPress.org for greater flexibility and scalability.
Wix is a popular option to use as well as it is easy to use with over 110 million websites built using it. You have the options ranging from an AI-fueled automatic website creator if you are short on time to a fully customizable open development platform.
Weebly is less so popular than Wix with over 50 million websites, but it is another great option for you. It has a great do-it-yourself website editor, unlimited storage, and great online store capabilities making it an attractive option to many.
Why Websults – Build a Website in a Day with a Professional Web Designer
Websults is dedicated to maintaining your site to ensure that it is the best that it can be. Remember your website is dynamic and an on-going effort to optimize. With over 10 years of website design experience, we are confident in our abilities to craft and manage your website. Yes, we can build your new website in one day assuming you (or client) sharpen your “preparation ax.” If you have any questions or would like to work with us, feel free to call us at (727) 597-7300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.