What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a social media platform where users and businesses can share images through their visual search engine. Users can “pin” images to their boards and explore a variety of interests. While many Pinterest users use the app to make “inspo” or mood boards, many utilize the shopping aspect of the platform.
Since Pinterest provides an unlimited supply of content, there truly is something for every user. Think of the platform as a visual and interactive Google with neverending ideas and topics. Each user’s home page on Pinterest becomes personalized towards the type of content they interact with. From DIY projects and recipes to educational blog posts and infographics, Pinterest provides users with an experience they can design.
In recent years, with the increase in online shopping, Pinterest has shifted towards providing a Shopping tab in searches. This shift has opened up many doors and opportunities for success with small businesses and larger retailers. Whether you have a business that has more blog-styled content or shopping content, your business could grow by implementing a business Pinterest account.
Most people who are social media users have heard of Pinterest, but does everybody know how to utilize it? Let Websults show you how implementing Pinterest can improve and grow your business with minimal effort.
If you need a crash course explanation of Pinterest, watch the YouTube video below.
How Can Pinterest Benefit Your Company?
While many think of Pinterest as a personal platform, it can serve as a valuable resource for a business. Regardless of your industry, Pinterest can be utilized to spread brand awareness, educate, and reach new customers. Pinterest allows customers to see a visual of your product or service and imagine it in their life. It creates a space for your business to expand your social media marketing with minimal effort.
Many of the larger social media management websites, like Hootsuite and Buffer, offer scheduling and account organizational tools to help manage your business Pinterest account with ease. So, adding Pinterest to your social media marketing team’s profile really doesn’t take much additional effort. But what does your business gain out of it?
- Expanded Marketing Techniques. Through an expansion, your business will be able to reach more customers on a variety of platforms with different demographics. It is important to note that 76.7 percent of Pinterest users are female which can play a role in whether your business will have more or fewer interactions (Statista Research Department).
- Drive Traffic to Website. Ultimately, if you have a well-rounded website (hint: like one from Websults), you will want to drive your customers to it. This will help them understand more about your business, what you have to offer, and how they can get involved.
- Encourages an Action. Whether your customers decide to pin your post to their board, share with a friend, or purchase from your business, this encourages them to be an active role in your business’s growth.
- Grow Your Other Business Platforms. While you are growing your Pinterest platform, you can utilize the platform to grow your business’s Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter accounts as well. You can repost content from other accounts or promote them on your Pinterest. Additionally, you can link Google+, Facebook, and Gmail to your Pinterest to connect to followers on these platforms.
- Increases Blog Traffic. With the increase of businesses implementing SEO services on their website, many are utilizing blogs to improve their web traffic. Blogs are an easy way to make content-specific posts on Pinterest. You can edit a free Pinterest blog image template on Canva and then upload the link to your website’s blog on your Pinterest. Not only does this improve your website traffic, but it boosts your blog traffic which in return boosts your business’s search engine rankings.
Let’s Make A Business Pinterest Account
Now that you understand Pinterest is a tool for marketing and website traffic, let us help you make an account! Follow our step-by-step instructions on how you can create your business Pinterest account.
- Decide who will run your business Pinterest account and use their professional email. (Tip: We recommend using a Gmail account to utilize previous followers.)
- Click this link here to get to the Business Account sign-up page.
- Enter a professional email address, create a password, and age.
- Then, click create an account.
- Fill out the Build Your Profile and click next. (Note: Don’t forget to add your website URL.)
- Fill out the Describe Your Business and click next.
- Opt if you want to run ads and click next. (Note: You can always edit this in settings if you change your mind.)
- Once you’ve created your account, Pinterest will give you 3 options: Share Ideas, Grow Your Audience, or Showcase Your Brand. You can click on any of the options to learn more about how you can implement these actions into your business plan OR you can X out and view your account.
- Time to start pinning!
If you are a visual learner, follow this great instructional YouTube video below to set up your business account.
If you already have a personal Pinterest account and want to link it to your business account, check out the instructions here.
Marketing Strategy for Pinterest
Once you have your business Pinterest account set up, it is time to start implementing a fool-proof marketing strategy for your business. While not every business may achieve the same results as others, the right strategy will offer more opportunities for business growth and reach.
According to research conducted by The Global State of Digital, Pinterest has a potential audience advert reach of 200.8 million (Hootsuite). If utilized properly, Pinterest could be the marketing strategy your team has been looking for. Follow the tips below to get the most out of your business Pinterest account.
- Add a Pinnable Save Button to your Website. This will allow customers browsing your website to have the option to save/add to their Pinterest boards. In return, their followers will be able to see your products and will be linked to your website.
- Enable Rich Pins for Blogs or Products. This will make it easier for customers to view your blog topic or product description. The Rich Pin options will allow you to add pricing and further information on your business.
- High-Quality Images. Similar to other social media platforms, it is important to post high-quality images at the recommended resolution and sizing. More people will interact with your content if it looks appealing and pin-worthy.
- Design Graphics. Since Pinterest is completely visual, you must create graphic designs that will catch your viewers’ eyes. Try to find an aesthetic for your business and design the information around it. Canva is one of the best free resources to use for templates.
- SEO. Just like how SEO is an important aspect of search engine results, it is an important marketing strategy for Pinterest. By using related keywords in your captions, users will be more likely to find your business on their feed.
- Create Ads. If you want to ensure users will see your business and offered products, then you should implement Pinterest Ads. This option will guarantee more impressions and page visibility. You can start creating ads for your business page at the link here.
- Utilize Social Media Management Websites. As stated before, utilizing social media management websites like Hootsuite or Buffer can make pinning easier for your business. You can pre-schedule pins weeks or months in advance to stay organized in your social media planning.
- Interact with Similar Content. As important as it is to upload content on Pinterest, it is important to interact with similar content and similar accounts. This will help draw in more users to your account with an interest in your business.
- Pinterest Analytics. If you have been keeping up with your Google Analytics, you should be used to the format for Pinterest Analytics. This free resource shows you how you are optimizing your business platform through impressions, pins per month, and redirects to your website.
Check out this informational YouTube video on how you can implement a Pinterest marketing strategy.
Useful Pinterest Lingo
If you are new to Pinterest, the lingo may be a little confusing at first. Unlike other social media platforms, Pinterest has a different approach to sharing content. All of the main actions involve some level of “pin” in the name which can get easy to mix up. Let our team at Websults help give you a rundown on some of the most useful Pinterest terms to remember. After learning these few words, you will be ready to start pinning yourself!
- Pin (noun): Content posted on Pinterest with three elements: an image, description, and source (like website link).
- Pinning (verb): The act of sharing a pin.
- Pinner (noun): A Pinterest user.
- Repin (verb): The act of sharing an existing pin from another Pinterest user.
- Pinboard, also known as, Board (noun): A personalized collection of pins saved in a labeled folder.
- Pin It Button (noun): Link on a website, like a blog, that allows users to share on Pinterest. Learn how to add a Pin It Button to your website here.
Websults | SEO Agency Located in Clearwater, FL
Social media marketing and SEO work hand-in-hand. That’s why Websults wants to help you have the best digital marketing experience possible. As an experienced website development, SEO, and eCommerce agency, Websults will listen diligently to your needs, ask questions to help identify any other needs or future needs, and will work hard to give you a competitive advantage in your industry. We specialize in WordPress and WooCommerce websites. Contact Websults for a free consultation.